I had the opportunity to review the new product MESTRENGTH last before my work outs. I would like to preface that I generally only drink a protein shake in the morning and the rest of my day is filled with green tea and water. I am not someone that drinks sports drinks nor am I someone that feels the need to.
Since I have been on a high intensity work out program, MESTRENGTH wanted me to give it a try for a week and tell you all what I think about the product. The week that I used MESTRENGTH, I did 4 hour long sessions on the stairmaster (7 miles) along with an added 30 minutes of abs/legs and the 5th work out I did my HIIT class which is an hour long. To give you a bit of perspective, when I am do 7 miles on the stairmaster and 30minutes of abs or legs, I generally burn around 950 -1200 calories per work out. My HIIT class I generally will burn about 700 – 850 calories. So I am pushing myself pretty hard.
Here is my Pros/Cons List:
- First off, I am not a huge fan of the taste. I found that they were all quite a bit more sour than I would have liked, however my fiancé tried all of them as well and LOVED the sour punch that the drink provided. So to each their own.
- The powder didn’t mix well with the water, but that is pretty much the norm with most powdered sports drinks
- After the first packet, I was a little nauseous for about 10 minutes and then it went away. I may have drank it too quickly as it only happened with the first one.
- I didn’t notice any difference in my performance the first work out.
- After my second serving I did feel like I had quite a bit more energy and that continued for the remainder of my supply.
- I burned 100 more calories after each work out.
- I did notice that my muscles had a bit more definition and I felt quite a bit stronger, more sturdy.
- Normally after my work outs I am crazy hungry and it takes everything I have to not eat the fridge… I didn’t feel that way after the work outs. I definitely felt more clean and energized.
- I like that each packet is already portioned out for you and it is easy to carry with you throughout the day.
- I also really like that there is no added sugars as that is something you have to watch out for with other sports drinks.
- After my HIIT class I am usually really sore, wasn’t really the case this past class. I again felt stronger, clean and more sturdy.
Over all despite the taste and the fact that it didn’t mix as well as I would have liked, I believe that it is a good product. MESTRENGTH is something I would definitely use before my higher intensity work outs. Probably not every work out as I am not a huge fan of the sourness but the reward of feeling better after my work out beats out not loving the taste.
I did lose 4lbs last week which is not my norm. I usually lose 2 – 3lbs per week so an extra 1 -2lbs is great! Is it because of MESTRENGTH? I am not sure… but I know that I did have more energy during my work outs which led me to push harder. So it was definitely a factor in the extra loss.
If you want to try out MESTRENGTH for yourself, use the coupon code: Kelly20 to get 25% off your order. You can order it at http://www.mestrength.com