Brussel sprouts are one of my favorite things to eat. I think I eat them at least 3 times a week. They are incredibly healthy and filling. Below you will find one of my favorite salads… Brussel Sprout Salad! I can usually eat this salad for a week!
- 30-40 brussels sprouts (makes about 4 cups shredded)
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
For the dressing
- 1 shallot, chopped
- juice of one orange
- juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup oil
- up to 2 tablespoons water
- Fry the bacon over low heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- Shred or slice the brussels sprouts. I’ve found the absolute best way to do this is with a handy dandy mandoline – slice them super thin and then break the layers apart with your hands. Fluff it up a little and you’ll get a delicate shredded texture.
- Prep the pomegranate seeds. Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Toss the brussels sprouts, bacon crumbles, pomegranate arils, almonds, and cheese together.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Add the water as needed for consistency. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.